For staff working within the organisations we cover, we offer a free and confidential telephone help line that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This number is 0151 330 8103, and is answered by counsellors from our own team. However, for yourself, or someone you are concerned about, if you are registered with a Liverpool based GP, you can also contact Talk Liverpool, a Merseycare Psychological Support Service.
Are You In Crisis?
If a person’s mental or emotional state quickly gets worse or deteriorates, this can be call a ‘mental health crisis’. In this situation, it may be important to get help quickly.
If you are NOT currently receiving support from mental health services:
- If you are feeling very distressed, despairing or suicidal and need immediate help please contact your GP or GP on call (if out of hours) and request an emergency appointment, contact the Samaritans on 08457 909090 or go to your nearest Accident and Emergency (A&E) Department where a mental health practitioner will be able to assess you and give you appropriate help.
- If you are concerned about an immediate risk to self-harm or your physical health is at a significant risk because of overdose or injury, it may be necessary to call 999 for an ambulance.
If you are receiving support from secondary mental health services:
- Your community mental health care team can help during the day 9am – 8pm and 9am – 5pm at weekends. Ask for your stepped up care co-ordinator.
- You may still attend your nearest A&E if you are unable to speak to someone immediately.
- If you have a care plan, it will have a list of names and numbers to contact in an emergency.
Worried about someone else?
If you are concerned that someone else is very distressed and might be considering suicide please encourage them to contact their GP and make an emergency appointment. Alternatively, you may choose to contact the Police on 999.
Similarly if you become concerned that someone is at risk of hurting someone else.
If you need to talk to someone in confidence, the Samaritans are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on:
Tel: 08475 909090